20 Principles for Agile Entrepreneurs
- Decide before you start, when you’re going to throw in the towel.
- Your product is not the product, your business model is the product.
- The only plan it is to learn as you go.
- Do not expect to be ready to begin.
- You do not need that money [yet].
- The truth is out there [So go outside!].
- An entrepreneur needs friends [large social networks, diversified, quality].
- You find out where it hurts [and make sure it hurts a lot].
- Focus [no, really: Focus].
- Do more, faster.
- Do not make plans, make prototypes.
- Simplify [the maximum].
- Delivery soon [and often].
- You become obsessed with the metrics [the few essential].
- Get feedback early [and often].
- You must be wrong soon [and you learn fast].
- Go back to start again [and still learning].
- Stay small [up to you should no longer remain so].
- Beware [stay in shape, eat healthy, rest].
- Unplug from time to time.
And a corollary: soon find yourself a good lawyer.